ArborSonic 3D™ Acoustic Tomograph
ArborSonic 3D™ is a minimally invasive evaluation tool for trees, that is useful for Advanced Tree Risk Assessment. It works based on sound velocity measurement between several sensors around the trunk. Because sound velocity drops in decayed areas, internal holes can be detected and the stability of the tree can be estimated.
Wickes/arborists™ are the sole distributors for the U.S. Units are available for rental and sale.
- Robust, low-noise piezo transducers
- Variable number of sensors from 8 up to 32
- Wireless Bluetooth connection to computer
- Data transmission time: below 1 sec per tap
- 15 minutes total measurement time
- Can be used with any Windows computer
- Measurements at different heights can be assembled to 3D
- Tree stability estimation based on the acquired tomograms